Project GMT update
Sorry for the long gaps between updates on the Project GMT. We spent the last 3 months getting up the leaning curve on the Key West GMT assemblies. In addition we had/have to re-order parts. At the moment we still have to approve the second round of case parts for mass production and re-order the bezel inlays.
- Matte black/white dials are being QC'd and shipments of this model should begin before the end of October if all is well with the dials.
- Plankowner delivery update: For the white/gold and black/gold dialed watches we expect to have all of the Plankowner watches shipped by the end of September. For those Plankowners waiting on a black/white dialed Key West we should have your orders shipped by the end of October if the dials pass QC.
- Scheduling: I have been waiting to make a big announcement about publishing the entire delivery schedule but based on the last few months' of work any projections more than a few weeks into the future will not prove to be terribly accurate. The reason for this is that the dials are quite difficult to work with and this leads to a higher level of re-work than with standard painted dials. What we will do is publish dates for those customers where shipment is expected within a 2-4 week window. For everyone else we will report on the Group # that we are working at the moment and provide a rough projection as to when the next Group # will be begun. That should allow me to provide more updates without having to spend a lot of time revising specific ship dates with all of the orders.
- Group numbers were published here. If we have time we will try to post the group numbers in the individual orders in the E-boutique.
- General Ordering: Yes there will be watches available. For the moment we still aren't taking any deposits. Please sign up for the mailing list here to be notified via email when the remaining pieces are made available.
- Group 1: Deliveries for this group will begin in September. For most customers in this group the deliveries should be completed by the end of October. The only exceptions to this are two customers waiting on the 1005/1006 (black/white) versions of the Key West. For those two customers we will likely make delivery by the end of October but we will know more after the dials are QC'd. Roughly it will take about 6 weeks to assemble and ship the watches for each group. This estimated time frame does not include holidays, travel for Baselworld, and time required to QC new deliveries of parts.
- We have enough parts on hand to make deliveries through and including Group 5. The parts required to complete the assemblies for Groups 6-10 are either on order, currently in process, or being QC'd right now. We organized the mass production this way so that we could adjust our orders to maximize the probability that everyone would get their first choice as far as models.