The Mk II Nassau 369 date continues where the Limited Edition Kingston left off in the 1950s. A period of time that saw the world regain its optimism and hit its stride after the Second World War. In rapid succession passenger jet service, the conquest of Mt. Everest, underwater ocean exploration and iconic cars including the Jaguar XK120, Mercedes Benz 300 SL "Gullwing" and Chevrolet Corvette burst forth onto the scene. From the period utilitarian reference design the Nassau summarizes in a 39 mm package the Modernist movement and echos the birth of sport diving.
With beautiful eccentricity the mechanically driven Nassau looks at home in the digital world while simultaneously declaring the arrival of the Jet Age. Its fundamental design elements are a product of the prevailing design philosophy at the time and the fact that "luxury branding" as a concept was still in its infancy. The world of watches was still very much grounded in their intrinsic value rather than the image they projected. This DNA enables the Nassau to transcend its origins.
Based on the limited edition Mk II Kingston the Nassau series will explore the genesis of the dive watch from new and evolving perspectives. The third in the series (shown above) features a glossy black and silver two-tone plated date dial with red/black/silver bezel inlay. This version is based on the first type of military Rolex1 Submariner1 (TM) ever issued. Originally issued to the Australian military this design pre-dates the reference 55171. Every watch in the series is expertly assembled by hand and individually tested in the USA. Additional refinements include a high-grade Swiss Made mechanical movement, superior nighttime visibility, and curved Rhodium plated hands. Attention to detail is a hallmark of every Mk II timepiece from the design to the finished watch.
1) Rolex and Submariner are registered trademarks of Rolex SA and Mk II is in no way affiliated or connected to Rolex SA.
Screw down crown
Double domed sapphire crystal with AR coating on the inside
Lightweight and shock absorbing movement ring
Super LumiNova BGW9
(These specifications supersede those published on the E-boutique)
• Case Width: 39.20 mm (bezel diameter)
• Case Length: 49.50 mm end to end
• Case Thickness: 14.50 mm
• Lug Width: 20.00 mm
• Weight: 135 grams on bracelet
• Crystal: Double domed sapphire crystal, with anti-reflective coating on interior surface only
• Luminous: SuperLumiNova BGW9 rated to glow on a full charge for a minimum of 7 hours
• Movement: ETA 2836-2 (Elabore grade/Rhodium plated), highly decorated (rotor features Côtes de Genève, decorated bridges), Incabloc shock protection, hack setting, automatic with manual winding capability.
• Water Resistance: 20 ATMs (200 meters)
• Case Finish: Satin and mirror polisehd stainless steel
- – Drilled through lugs
- – Double gasket screw-down crown
- – 60 click unidirectional bezel
- – Strap: Bracelet, Natural rubber strap or Maratac™ NATO (black)
- – Bezel: Aluminum inlay
- – Timed in 4 positions