|The first model in the Fulcrum lineup conceptualizes the “American Milsub”. As a base we drew inspiration from the vintage Rolex(1) and Tudor(2) Submariners(3) that had been a favorite of the military since the Vietnam War. Specifically we explored what the American military, given the opportunity, would have changed on the iconic dive watch to suit their requirements if the US military had continued its tradition of developing purpose built dive watches.
Defining elements of the American Milspec dive watch:
* “Tropic”-style high-domed sapphire crystal
* Curved case back for comfort
* Beadblasted finish (versus the original Parkerized finish or the British satin finish.)
* 12-hr GMT bezel with combination 20 minute time elapse counter – as distinctly American
Additional features incorporated into the Mk II Fulcrum:
* Anti-magnetic shielding up to 80,000 A/m
* Date display, shifted to the 4.30 position so as to preserve the luminous marker at 3 o’clock.
* High grade movement (Soprod A10).
* Helium release valve
* Lume-brik ™ technology: Nonradioactive molded- polymer luminous markers that achieve a performance equivalent to 6-8 layers of traditionally applied luminous material (essentially double our standard luminous application) while preserving an unsurpassed sharp and legible appearance.
* Drilled through lugs for use with optional shoulderless spring bars custom made for the Fulcrum.