- Case back design has been finalized. I expect to send the parts out to be engraved some time next week. I will post details about this next week.
- Plankowner serial numbers: After about 8 solid hours and spreadsheet work I have the serial numbers allocated for the Plankowners. I have to figure out how to publish the numbers though and when.
- Bezel insert: The design and color selection are finally completed. The artwork has been finalized. This took a lot longer than expected mostly because I kept finding details that need to be fixed. We will be releasing the artwork to the vendor next week pending the results of the test described next.
- Bezel fit: We will be doing some final testing on the bezel fit for the watch. The CMM data says it should fit but we want to make sure it does before we commit to the bezel insert order. I should be taking care of this tomorrow. I have been doing prep work for the tests, off and on, all week. The testing will take place Saturday.
The emails for the September Round #1 have been sent out.
I have, finally, done the lottery for the August round. I know it’s a bit last minute. The emails with the coupon codes were just sent out via email. If there are still spots open from this group of 25 people we will roll that over to the September round.
Anyone that has signed up for the mailing list since June, and wasn’t selected for the August round, will be rolled over to the September round. To sign up for the lottery please submit your email address here.
Here are the updates:
- The case back designs are ready for everyone’s review. I have just sent out surveys for the Plankowners and the current Pre-Order Customers. For those customers please use only the surveys that you received. For everyone else interested in voicing an opinion about the case back please see this link.
- Additional date wheels are expected to be delivered in late September.
- We expect to be able to finalize the insert design and have it out to the vendor next week. Aside from the case back this is the last part that we need before we can begin deliveries.
- We have 2 case back designs ready for review. One basic one and a second one with a design.
- We will create two surveys: 1) for the Plankowners to voice their opinion and choose 2) a more general survey for everyone else. The reason for the 2 surveys is simple if there is any significant disagreement between the results Plankowners should have priority.
- Everyone is welcome to discuss the design on our forum before voting but I probably will not be able to participate directly in the discussions given the current workload. For that I apologize in advance. We are trying to clear the deck of the design work that we do so that I can focus on managing the suppliers and executing the projects. I want to get the design work for both the Project 300 and Project GMT wrapped up in this regard by the end of August.
- For the Project GMT inserts that is also one detail that we have to submit to the vendor for production. The design is about 95% finished and we are targeting the release of the design to the vendor by the end of next week.
- The gilt dials (black and white) have been delivered but need to be checked. I wanted to let everyone know that they are in hand but please temper any predictions regarding delivery times as it only takes one mistake to send the whole batch back to the vendor for re-work.