Just wanted to let everyone know that my ability to respond to the order status emails will be limited over the next two weeks. I have to complete the review of the Nassau/Key West mass production samples and get those parts into mass production. We want to bring the Nassau back and minimize any delays in shipments for Groups 6-10 of the Key West. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.
The Group 7 and 8 ordering emails have just gone out. If you are in either group and don’t see your email in your inbox please check your SPAM folder. Thanks!
Sorry for the long gaps between updates on the Project GMT. We spent the last 3 months getting up the leaning curve on the Key West GMT assemblies. In addition we had/have to re-order parts. At the moment we still have to approve the second round of case parts for mass production and re-order the bezel inlays.
- Matte black/white dials are being QC’d and shipments of this model should begin before the end of October if all is well with the dials.
- Plankowner delivery update: For the white/gold and black/gold dialed watches we expect to have all of the Plankowner watches shipped by the end of September. For those Plankowners waiting on a black/white dialed Key West we should have your orders shipped by the end of October if the dials pass QC.
- Scheduling: I have been waiting to make a big announcement about publishing the entire delivery schedule but based on the last few months’ of work any projections more than a few weeks into the future will not prove to be terribly accurate. The reason for this is that the dials are quite difficult to work with and this leads to a higher level of re-work than with standard painted dials. What we will do is publish dates for those customers where shipment is expected within a 2-4 week window. For everyone else we will report on the Group # that we are working at the moment and provide a rough projection as to when the next Group # will be begun. That should allow me to provide more updates without having to spend a lot of time revising specific ship dates with all of the orders.
- Group numbers were published here. If we have time we will try to post the group numbers in the individual orders in the E-boutique.
- General Ordering: Yes there will be watches available. For the moment we still aren’t taking any deposits. Please sign up for the mailing list here to be notified via email when the remaining pieces are made available.
- Group 1: Deliveries for this group will begin in September. For most customers in this group the deliveries should be completed by the end of October. The only exceptions to this are two customers waiting on the 1005/1006 (black/white) versions of the Key West. For those two customers we will likely make delivery by the end of October but we will know more after the dials are QC’d. Roughly it will take about 6 weeks to assemble and ship the watches for each group. This estimated time frame does not include holidays, travel for Baselworld, and time required to QC new deliveries of parts.
- We have enough parts on hand to make deliveries through and including Group 5. The parts required to complete the assemblies for Groups 6-10 are either on order, currently in process, or being QC’d right now. We organized the mass production this way so that we could adjust our orders to maximize the probability that everyone would get their first choice as far as models.
I have a draft update written. I will post by Thursday at the latest. Hopefully I will post it later this evening but been running on 5 hours sleep a night and a lot of hi-test cold brew coffee now for the last 10 days so not sure how long I will be conscious today. You know when the coffee that steeps for 24-36 hours is losing its effectiveness that you may need a good night’s sleep. We have been making good and steady progress for the last few weeks.
Working on Key West deliveries for the first half of this week. I know updates to these projects are overdue so I will do my best to post some updates within the next week or so.
I am working on the delivery schedule for customers today. Its more than just putting people into a queue. We will have to re-order parts in order to fill the orders and that means the possibility of a pause in deliveries later in the year. I am looking at the schedule today to see what we can do to minimize any pause in deliveries. We have on hand at the moment enough parts to deliver about half of the pre-orders, depending on the make up of the orders as they come in. So the key here is to prioritize which parts we need to order and see how fast we can move. I want to see what pace makes sense so that we can maximize the balance between shipping speed and minimizing down time.
- We have shipped a few pieces. Please note that this was not a token effort. We have more pieces in the final stages of assembly.
- We will resume shipments the week of June 6th.