- Case samples have arrived.
- I have completed the first review of the case samples. Mostly it is minor issues so we will see what the case supplier says during our meeting in Switzerland later this week.
- Dial samples have arrived but there are some issues we need to address. A report has been issued to the vendor and we are currently awaiting their feedback.
- The pictures we have posted and will post up until this point are using a Sea Fighter crown that fit the case. We hope to have the final crowns in hand before the end of the month.
If you would like to attend the NYC Get-together on March 5th please sign up for the mailing list below. The event is slated to take place the afternoon of the 5th with the location currently being determined. Thanks to Charlie P. for setting this up!
P.S. As always your email address will not be sold or added to any other of our mailing lists. This is just for the NYC GTG and afterwards the mailing list will be deleted.
After working reasonably well for a couple of days the system has developed a new glitch that we are trying to run to ground. The E-boutique account creation page at this moment may be out of action. Its Friday afternoon so I don’t think we will be able to resolve the issue until at least Monday. For the time being we will create accounts manually. So if you want to submit an order for the Project GMT or something else please submit a ticket through the CSP and we will create your login manually and email you the password. Ain’t technology grand….. ;P
2016-02-03: Update….this has been fixed.
If you have forgotten your password please submit a ticket here and we will have to reset it manually for you. The updated that we installed to the E-boutique software last week disabled the password recovery link in the email that goes out. This is a problem that has been reported before for our platform, in conjunction with this update, and we will have it addressed as soon as we can. In the mean time please submit a request for manual reset through the CSP.
The following are important updates, clarifications, and explanations regarding the Key West GMT (aka Project GMT) process going forward.
- Pre-order slots still available: The last group of slots will be made available this month. After that the wait list will be used to fill any cancellations that we receive and for the General Ordering.
- General Ordering: There are 50 watches reserved for the General Order. The availability of these watches will be determined once we are certain that there are enough parts to fill all of the Plankowner and 2nd Pre-Order customer orders. We expect that this will be around Q4 of 2016. To sign up for the mailing list please click here.
- Delivery timetable:
- We finally have enough parts on hand to begin assembly. If the bezel inlays are delivered on-time (late February) and pass our QC we expect that shipments will start in April 2016 (we will be traveling for Baselworld 2016 for part of March)
- Important notes:
- We are performing all of the QC, assembly and final testing here in the USA. We are building the watches as the orders are submitted. This allows us the most control over the quality of the final piece and the delivery schedule.
- We will maximize the probability that everyone’s first choice is accommodated by re-ordering the dials and hands, if necessary, based on how the final selections shape up.
- After the bezel inlays arrive we will be able to update the E-boutique with actual photos of the Key West GMT watches.
- Matte black dial option: The dials are expected to be delivered at the end of March 2016. So please note that if you want this version of the Key West there will be a slight delay and that we will begin filling your order as soon as the parts are QC’d and ready.
- Our goal is to deliver all of the Key West watches by the end of 2016.
- Plankowners: You will receive an email by Tuesday January 26th with the details for making your final watch selections. (Update: Email has been sent!)
- 2nd Stage Pre-order Customers: We have organized the 2nd stage pre-order customers into 10 groups (see the chart at the bottom of this page). Beginning February 2016 we will be sending out an email asking the first group of 30 customers to submit their final selections and payments. Our plan is to ask 1-2 groups per month for their final watch selections based on the pace of shipments. The reasons for this process is:
- 1) Staging the final selections should allow us to minimize the lead time between final order submission and shipment (approximately 2-4 months.)
- 2) This process should also allow us enough advanced notice to re-order parts, if necessary, so that we can minimize disruption to the delivery schedule and maximize the chances that everyone gets their first choice.
- Important announcements:
- Bezel: The bezel will be a 48 click unidirectional bezel. Based on a number of our tests the bi-directional bezel is too difficult to turn. We had successfully used this exact construction in the past. The bidirectional spring did not perform as expected because of the smaller size and profile of the Key West bezel. While it has been explored, redesigning the spring or employing an alternative construction is not a realistic option. The unidirectional spring offers a high quality feel and performs just as well as the Kingston and Nassau bezels but with 48 clicks instead of 60.
- Dial: The black & gold and white & gold dials will be LE-only. Please note that while we have no plans to do so, if we issue a non-LE version of the Key West that we will be using a matte black and white print dial without the “Key West GMT” name. This is the same deal as with the Kingston and Nassau.
- GMT hand: It was noted earlier on the Project GMT summary page that the hand might be a feature used only on the LE. We would like to clarify that this will not be an LE-only part. We didn’t feel that it added any value to the project by making this part an LE-exclusive. Similarly we didn’t feel that it deducts any value from the LE nature of the project. It’s important to reiterate that there are no plans at this time to offer a non-LE version of the Key West GMT.