A brief update to note that an update is coming soon. I have spent the last 3 days working on the logistics for the Project GMT deliveries. I was hoping to have this finalized by today, or at least the rough plan, so that I could post it here. However between security updates to the E-boutique, drafting all of the announcements, and configuring the E-boutique for the new products here we are at 6 pm on Friday afternoon with a lot almost ready but not quite finished. We are still trying to tie down small things such as updating the artwork on the E-boutique for the watches so that it explicitly notes the color of the bezel and the dial. Depending on your computer monitor the blue can be nearly impossible to distinguish between the black unless you have both pictures side by side, which you won’t have the luxury of doing when ordering. I will be in the shop this weekend but to work on QC instead of the logistics. So we hope to have everything published before Wednesday Jan. 20th, 2016. Thanks to everyone for their continuing patience. I can only imagine that as we get closer to beginning the delivery phase that tension is beginning to build.
- Pre-production samples for the dials are currently in process.
- The hands have been shipped off to our lume specialist for the application of the SLN BGW9 lume
- Pre-production case samples and crown production, as noted earlier, are currently in process.
- We currently have enough date wheels for the first 200 watches. We will be starting a new batch of date wheels next week for the remaining 100 watches that have been spoken for.
- We plan to open up final model selection for the Plankowners by the end of next week.
- The engraving of the case backs is nearly complete. Shipment is expected in early January 2016
- The bezel inlays are expected to be delivered by the end of February 2016
- Inspection of date wheels, dials, hands are currently in process.
- Case preparation is ongoing.
- The matte black dial option is currently in mass production. We delayed production of this dial in order to get other parts that we needed through the manufacturing process. If we hadn’t delayed the matte black dial production we would not have the parts we need for the Black/gold and white/gold versions. I will know more about the impact on delivery of this version of the Project GMT after a delivery time is communicated to us from the vendor.
Based on the status of the parts so far we expect to begin assembly of the Black/gold and white/gold dials in January 2016.
We will be asking the Plankowners to make their final selections in late December/early January 2016.
- Crowns are in mass production. We expect delivery of this part in March 2016
- The big triangle date and non-date dials are in the beginning stages of sampling. No timetable yet for the pre-production samples.
Here the latest for the Project 300:
- The order for the crowns has been submitted to the vendor.
- Case drawings and bracelet drawings have been approved. There were some loose ends regarding the case that had to be tied down so we had to revisit the drawings this past week.
- Case and bracelet samples are currently underway.