We are moving the PA workshop out of the residential house we have been using and into commercial space (not retail) in Wayne, PA (same town). We have been shopping for space for the last few weeks and signed a lease just last week. We got the tentative move in date yesterday. Why the move? Its a combination of factors, the most important of which is that it will give us the opportunity to hire some help. Working out of this house and having employees come here is frankly just too hard for employees to get to. The space still won’t be open to the public but down the road this space might afford us the opportunity to hold events. So we’ll see.
You could be wondering, although I don’t see why, the reason we would choose to move now. The primary reason is that we are currently in between projects. The Nassaus are winding down and the Project GMT is just starting up. In addition the Paradive and the Fulcrums cases are not expected until February. So this turns out to be as good a time as we are going to get to tempt Murphy’s Law and move. Well if I get time I will try to post some pics of the old shop while we are in transition.
Service Levels: Communication and shipments
I think we have made good strides in communication in the last 12 months but I have to apologize for us having fallen off the wagon these last few weeks. Everyone seemed to be getting sick in one capacity or another except myself, resulting in the effect that it was like I was working by myself again so emails piled up. Then the holidays ran riot all over our normal routine. To be frank I doubt the situation will improve until February as we get set to move. The relocation entails moving equipment and computers as well as transferring our Internet service. At this point I do not know what kind of communication black out will result in the simple transfer of our Internet service, or the fact that with relocations other SNAFUs are bound to occur.
For Nassau shipments we have been waiting on the balance of crowns due. We got lucky and were able to get a partial shipment that allowed us to work through December but now we are out again. The Europeans just got back to work so we should get the balance of the crowns we need for the Nassaus in the next week or two. This kind of works well with the move but I do have to apologize again on the supplier’s behalf. We will keep assembling to the point that we can and ship when the crowns arrive later this month.