- Pre-production samples for the dials are currently in process.
- The hands have been shipped off to our lume specialist for the application of the SLN BGW9 lume
- Pre-production case samples and crown production, as noted earlier, are currently in process.
January 5, 2016 By
December 11, 2015 By
- Crowns are in mass production. We expect delivery of this part in March 2016
- The big triangle date and non-date dials are in the beginning stages of sampling. No timetable yet for the pre-production samples.
November 13, 2015 By
Here the latest for the Project 300:
- The order for the crowns has been submitted to the vendor.
- Case drawings and bracelet drawings have been approved. There were some loose ends regarding the case that had to be tied down so we had to revisit the drawings this past week.
- Case and bracelet samples are currently underway.
November 5, 2015 By
- The technical drawings for the case parts has been approved. Sampling has begun. We expect to see the samples before Baselworld in March.
- Bracelet drawings are still in process. I found a minor but significant oversight. It has been corrected but we are waiting on the final drawings.
- We will begin the sampling for the dials later this month so that we have dial samples ready in time for the case samples.
- I will post soon about the case back decision. Sorry for the delay. Getting the case drawings that last few feet into approval has been the primary focus these last few weeks.
- Assuming the case samples turn out okay the factory has noted that the case parts could be ready as soon as June 2016. This is a BIG “IF” at this point but we will do our best to push this project toward that goal. It has to be said that there is normally some adjustments that have to be made to the samples before approval for mass production can begin. That being said we will have to begin the 2nd Stage Pre-order probably before the end of this year so that we have the funds available to pay the for the case parts, start the dial production, and continue with the hand production.
- 2nd Stage plankowner payment: We will begin the process of collecting this payment next week. Plankowners will have approximately 2-3 months to submit this deposit. We will also collect serial number requests at this point. An email will go out next week as soon as the ordering page is up.
October 8, 2015 By
- The case drawings have been approved.
- We are still working on one issue with regards to the bracelet. Its not a major issue but still an important one
- Hands are currently in production
October 2, 2015 By
- The updated designs came back from the case supplier. With the exception of the bracelet end-piece we have everything buttoned-up. If we have to we can go forward with the case sampling before the drawings on the bracelet are final but this isn’t ideal. I hope, and expect, that next week that my tweaks to the end-piece are acceptable and that we can finally proceed with the sampling stage.
- Hands: As noted earlier the hand designs have been released to the vendor. The order has been acknowledged but we are still waiting on the delivery time frame for the parts. Once received we will begin the process of inspection and having the parts lumed.
- Case back design: Based on discussions about the survey data and comments we have finalized the case back design. Because we expect that there will be people that agree and disagree with the final decision I will post the details as soon as I can put together a post detailing our thinking and the reasons for our conclusion.
- Assuming that we enter the pre-production sampling stage of the project this month we will be sending out requests for the 2nd stage payments to Plankowners. The first payments made by Plankowners were used to secure the movements for the project. The 2nd stage payments will be allocated to tooling and production deposits/costs.