Earlier today I shipped out the changes for the Project 300 drawings. There were no major changes required. Mostly the edits were questions about double checking details. The biggest change is the addition of the final bezel inlay design and artwork. I expect that as long as the case supplier doesn’t misinterpret my instructions and start changing the case unnecessarily, which has happened in previous projects, we should be able to sign off on the technical drawings before the end of May and start sampling. So far the extra effort invested in the 3D model is paying off. Normally I would not hazard to suggest when the technical drawings might be done at this stage in the process.
The detailed drawings have been submitted for my review. Now we will see if the work we put into the 3D model pay off in a faster review and approval process.
I have forwarded my comments to the case supplier regarding the 1st draft. The changes are not significant so hopefully the revisions can be executed without too much trouble. I will follow up with the vendor in Basel.
The first cut of the technical drawings have been sent to me for comment by the case supplier. If the drawings are okay they will complete the detailed set of drawings. In other words they have case and parts modeled up but want to make sure there are no serious mistakes before creating the drawings for all of the individual parts.
I finished the internal review of the drawings that we created for the project. We will be submitting the drawings to the case supplier by Sunday. I will confirm again when this important step has been completed.
Quick update on this one as well…..
1) I finished reviewing the 3D model that we completed during my vacation and it needs a few tweaks. The updates are currently in process. I hope to be able to submit the designs to the case supplier by the first week of September. The hope is that the money and time I spent working with the draftsman will enable us to cut the number of revisions we will have to do with the case supplier…..which, finger’s crossed, will translate into a shorter pre-production process.