Working on Key West deliveries for the first half of this week. I know updates to these projects are overdue so I will do my best to post some updates within the next week or so.
Brief updates on the project:
- 2nd round of dial samples are in. We had to go through another round of samples because the background finish of the first batch wasn’t quite right. In addition there were some other details missing from the samples that were detailed in the design. So far the 2nd batch looks good but we still have to study the samples some more.
- Case samples: The samples are nearing approval. There are still a few details that I have to iron out with the case supplier.
- Bracelet: We are re-designing the end links. The end links work just fine but based on my own impressions, as well as of several other people that have seen the bracelet in person, it lacked a certain consistency with the case body. The re-design isn’t going to be dramatic but is more of a refinement of the design. Since the bracelet and case body can proceed in parallel processes this shouldn’t significantly effect the timing of the project.
The following is the process that we will follow for the distribution of the remaining slots available for the Project 300.
- 25 spots will be released each month for 10-12 months beginning in April 2016.
- If the 25 spots sell out before the end of the month we will release the next 25 spots the following month. An email will be sent out each month to announce the release date and time. To add yourself the mailing list you can submit your email on the ordering page when ordering is temporarily closed.
- If necessary we will be limiting customers to 2 reservations
- Pictures of the prototype have been posted on the ordering page below.
The reasons for releasing the available spots in this sequence:
- We want to spend the next few months QC’ing the parts we need for the build process. Collecting and processing the deposits does take quite a bit of administrative time. Spacing out the orders in this way will enable us to optimally balance our workload.
- Email communication is not always the most reliable, spacing out the ordering in this way will allow time to compensate for this issue.
Price and payment schedule for the 2nd Stage Pre-Order:
- Price: $1,645.00 plus S&H (MSRP: $1,795.00) on solid-link, solid end-piece bracelet with pusher clasp.
- Deposit amount: $822.50 (50% of the above)
- Second half of payment plus S&H due at time final order is placed
- Our current estimate is that final model selection will take place during the second half of 2016.
- The Project 300 will consist of date and non-date versions of the big-triangle dial.
- Refund period: Your deposit may be canceled and refunded in full at any time before your final order selection is made and submitted.
- Serial number preferences: Sorry but we will not be taking requests for specific serial numbers. This option was one of the reasons for the delivery delays experienced with the Kingston Project. You will be allocated the lowest number available at the time your order ships.
For the month of April ordering will open April 7th, 2016 at 9pm EST.
Once again thank you for your interest and support of this project!
- Case samples have arrived.
- I have completed the first review of the case samples. Mostly it is minor issues so we will see what the case supplier says during our meeting in Switzerland later this week.
- Dial samples have arrived but there are some issues we need to address. A report has been issued to the vendor and we are currently awaiting their feedback.
- The pictures we have posted and will post up until this point are using a Sea Fighter crown that fit the case. We hope to have the final crowns in hand before the end of the month.
If you have forgotten your password please submit a ticket here and we will have to reset it manually for you. The updated that we installed to the E-boutique software last week disabled the password recovery link in the email that goes out. This is a problem that has been reported before for our platform, in conjunction with this update, and we will have it addressed as soon as we can. In the mean time please submit a request for manual reset through the CSP.
- Pre-production samples for the dials are currently in process.
- The hands have been shipped off to our lume specialist for the application of the SLN BGW9 lume
- Pre-production case samples and crown production, as noted earlier, are currently in process.