The Project 300’s case components have entered the mass production phase. The only part that is awaiting approval for mass production is the end-link for the bracelet. As noted earlier we do not anticipate this creating any delays in the delivery timetable.
Here is an update on the Project 300:
- Most of the case parts have been approved for mass production.
- The 2 components that are still waiting on our approval are the click spring and the bracelet end-link.
- We re-designed the bracelet end link after seeing the first round of samples. We will post a pic of both after the new end-link sample has been delivered for our review. We hope that you will agree that the re-design was worth the effort. The bracelet and the case parts can proceed in parallel so the delay in the mass production of the bracelet will not effect the case production. The end-link re-design should not have an significant impact on the overall schedule.
A brief update on the Project 300:
* The second round of dial samples are in and I hope to get these into mass production in the next month or so.
* Part of what is keeping me busy is we are in the final stages of clearing the cases for mass production. Barring any unexpected problems we should have the approval completed by next week.
Working on Key West deliveries for the first half of this week. I know updates to these projects are overdue so I will do my best to post some updates within the next week or so.
Brief updates on the project:
- 2nd round of dial samples are in. We had to go through another round of samples because the background finish of the first batch wasn’t quite right. In addition there were some other details missing from the samples that were detailed in the design. So far the 2nd batch looks good but we still have to study the samples some more.
- Case samples: The samples are nearing approval. There are still a few details that I have to iron out with the case supplier.
- Bracelet: We are re-designing the end links. The end links work just fine but based on my own impressions, as well as of several other people that have seen the bracelet in person, it lacked a certain consistency with the case body. The re-design isn’t going to be dramatic but is more of a refinement of the design. Since the bracelet and case body can proceed in parallel processes this shouldn’t significantly effect the timing of the project.
The following is the process that we will follow for the distribution of the remaining slots available for the Project 300.
- 25 spots will be released each month for 10-12 months beginning in April 2016.
- If the 25 spots sell out before the end of the month we will release the next 25 spots the following month. An email will be sent out each month to announce the release date and time. To add yourself the mailing list you can submit your email on the ordering page when ordering is temporarily closed.
- If necessary we will be limiting customers to 2 reservations
- Pictures of the prototype have been posted on the ordering page below.
The reasons for releasing the available spots in this sequence:
- We want to spend the next few months QC’ing the parts we need for the build process. Collecting and processing the deposits does take quite a bit of administrative time. Spacing out the orders in this way will enable us to optimally balance our workload.
- Email communication is not always the most reliable, spacing out the ordering in this way will allow time to compensate for this issue.
Price and payment schedule for the 2nd Stage Pre-Order:
- Price: $1,645.00 plus S&H (MSRP: $1,795.00) on solid-link, solid end-piece bracelet with pusher clasp.
- Deposit amount: $822.50 (50% of the above)
- Second half of payment plus S&H due at time final order is placed
- Our current estimate is that final model selection will take place during the second half of 2016.
- The Project 300 will consist of date and non-date versions of the big-triangle dial.
- Refund period: Your deposit may be canceled and refunded in full at any time before your final order selection is made and submitted.
- Serial number preferences: Sorry but we will not be taking requests for specific serial numbers. This option was one of the reasons for the delivery delays experienced with the Kingston Project. You will be allocated the lowest number available at the time your order ships.
For the month of April ordering will open April 7th, 2016 at 9pm EST.
Once again thank you for your interest and support of this project!