Join Our Email List   |   facebookFacebook   |   Mk II forumMk II Forum

Kingston Update

The second batch of parts is almost ready to go to Switzerland. I am currently working on the C3 non-date Kingstons and getting them ready for assembly. I still have to post the pics I took from the BG W9 preparation which will give you a better idea of the scope of the process. In… Read More

Kingston Test Assembly: Part 3B

A look at the inside of the Kingston and the final stages of assembly. In this first pic you see the under-appreciated movement ring. The Kingston movement ring is clamped into the case body rather than using a metal or plastic ring that relies on the case back to hold the movement in place. This… Read More

Kingston Update

The first Kingston shipped earlier today. Part 3B of the test assembly post will be posted later today. I got the photos edited but didn’t have a chance to write the post.

Kingston Update: Oct. 7, 2011

The reason I haven’t posted part 3 of the test assembly is because I have been glazing the case bodies for the first 50 pieces that will be heading to Switzerland for assembly. I actually did 75 cases. The first batch of parts will be leaving to Switzerland tomorrow. it will take about 2-3 weeks… Read More

Kingston Test Assembly: Part 3A

Finally the dial is on the movement! The hands have been set and have been checked for alignment with the dial and clearance between the hands. It’s more than just a nod to nostalgia. The hands here are curved toward the end because the hands have to clear the interior surface of the crystal. To… Read More

Kingston test assembly Part 2 of 3

The first Kingston is a non-date gilt dial watch so the day/date bits and pieces have to go I have removed the day of the week wheel, date of the month wheel, the gear that drives the quick adjustment, and the gear that powers the instantaneous date change. Here are two close-ups of the movement… Read More

Kingston Test Assembly Part 2 postponed…

until Monday. Sorry but I am just worn out again from clearing out the basement and the water that was in it. Conservatively I estimate that I moved about 800 pounds worth of water from the basement in two shifts, carrying it up stairs so that I could dump it out the door. Right now… Read More